Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bloggers

As I checked out all the sites we were sent to I felt like my blog was nothing special compared to theirs. My blog is just my thoughts on certain subjects, but the blog art that I just checked out goes way beyond that. How they create their blogs like that? I have no idea .....asking the wrong person. My favorite out of the five we checked out is triptych TV. It was so busy and had so much going on that I was actually entertained. On some of the other sites it was a little harder to keep my attention. I also like that the Triptych TV scrolled down itself and you have no real control of what it is doing. I liked that, compared to alot of other sites that we have looked at and you have to click everything if you want to get somewhere else.
The artists deconstruct the blog format completely. If I came upon any of these sites randomly I wouldn't even think of them as a blog. Some of them I would think might be infecting my computer. I think the artist makes their creation of art in blog form because it is another form of the digital. It is a way for them to display their digital art work. I have to admit it is a damn good idea if you can get your name out there enough for people to actually log on and look at your blog. I would have to say though that alot of the work probably would not catch the eye of the general person. Unless someone is specifically looking at digital net art...I think most of these sites would be skipped over because they are so chaotic and not many people would know that they are net art.

No comments:

Post a Comment